}

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Mcdonalds!

Hi.
Don't worry, we didn't go to Mcdonalds and we are not promoting it, lol. We had some pretend play yesterday and it was about restaurants. If I had the sign of "The Manor" or something, I know that Sarah wouldn't know what I mean so Mcdonalds did the trick ;) We had a sign, a menu and Sarah had her money and phone. I think this was the first time since Sarah was born that she eats without getting up or jumping. It was so peaceful and she enjoyed it the most. Here:

I added prices to the items.

Yes, I had to sit with her in this tiny chair.
Why not in the dining room? It is a MESS:)

Her fake, real money and credit cards :)

Choosing from the menu.

Looking for money to pay.


You have to pardon the mess in the back, Sarah jumps on it :)

Making sure it is the correct amount.

LOST:D


Speaking on the her phone and telling her friends she was in Mcdonalds. 
See that smile!

For older kids, it can be used for addition or multiplication as well.
After finishing our meals, Sarah said that she wants to go to the bank, lol. I asked her why she wants to go there, she said, "To sit there for a while." Apparently, every time we go to do a transaction there, she sits for a long time. I explained that we go to the bank either to deposit money or withdraw money. She said she wants to deposit money, this girl has a lot of money.
At night, we played the hopping frogs game and she is getting better and better in it. Then, we did some pattern blocks. I printed and laminated from Prekinders, thank you :) 




I didn't think she will be able to do the black and white one but I gave it a shot and to my amazement, she did with no help whatsoever.




Today is our Arabic day. To make it fun and attractive for Sarah, I made her a personalized notebook. I am not crafty so it was an amateur's try but I love it. She helped me add the stickers but she still doesn't know that it is hers, I am sure she'll be happy when she finds out.


Tissue papers!


Added transparent sticky book cover.


I'll add a few papers at a time.


Thank you for joining us, come back soon.
Love,


10 comments:

  1. And you said you aren't crafty? That book cover is adorable!!!

    She is so good with those blocks, I can't believe it. I have to get some, they are so fun!

    And I love the menu and restaurant activity! You are such a fun mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Liz :)
      these blocks can be used also in patterns & teaching shapes, you will love them!

      Delete
  2. ITA with Liz. If that isn't crafty I don't know what is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Allison, you are the crafty one,we both know it :)

      Delete
  3. I love your way of teaching your daughter money skills! What a great way to wrap it into real world circumstances. Tangrams are a fantastic math tool! Thank you for linking up to my Enchanted Thursdays Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It is amazing how curious kids are and they are very open to learning, I am sure Sarah'll be paying in a real store some time soon ;)

      Delete
  4. What a great way to teach your kiddo about money, menu's, and ordering!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I am visiting from Math hop. I like your restaurant and bank idea. We play shop here too quite often. Frog hop looks good too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Best Blogger TipsBlogger Flower Effect