}

Friday, September 28, 2012

We're BACK :)

Hi,
We are in Egypt. I missed blogging badly. However, we had to settle back into a routine before starting our homeschooling journey. Unpacking 6 bags was not an easy task. We have just finished coloring our rice and our play-dough. I have bought water beads but haven't grown them yet and we have finished organizing the kids' room. It is still missing little things, like we want to hang the black light but haven't yet. We are still looking for a decent but not so pricey world globe but with no success. The only one we found costs 250 L.E. 


As you can see, everything is accessible by the kids and within their reach. We have created a dress-up corner. Yes, they have their own TV and DVD player but we would use it only for educational purposes or only when we are spending time together as a family like a movie night or something. We want to teach Sarah the value of money so we have been giving her some money on daily basis to save, she is so excited about it. A few days ago, she lost her cup and decided to use her money to get a new one, I was so proud of her :) Anyway, we found the cup :P

I have went back to work and you bet, I am more relaxed than before I left. Sarah goes to a daycare which she likes so much (so unexpected and unlike her ;) ) They play a lot and they take some light lessons like parts of the body, days of the week, tracing, ...etc. She made lots of friends and she's happy about it. Sarah is an introvert so I don't push her to talk about anything but she decided that bedtime is a good time everyday to tell me everything that happened on that day, I can't tell you how bad I wait for that time every night to listen to her stories and adventures. One day, she decided to break the rule and talk about it as soon as she got home because there was a "problem" according to her. She asked me if we could talk about it immediately and not wait for the night. I assured her she can talk to me any time she wants. So, here is the problem. They changed the place of her class and she wanted me to know so that I won't lose my way to her class. Yes, that was it, lol. I asked her if she likes her new class and she said, "yes!" Then, I told her that this is what matters and and that I would find her and not to worry. Wow, I wish I had the same kind of problems ;)

Farida accompanies me in my school's baby class and she is such a sweetheart. I can see her from my class window :D In school, we are using the smart board. So far, the students love it but I am not such a big fan because I insist that there will be hands on projects and similar things and this board doesn't give us the chance to do that but I know how to manipulate it and make a compromise between both.

We prepared a small school supplies sensory tub and she had so much fun exploring it. Tomorrow, we'll be working a little more on school supplies.

First day in her daycare!


Here's what's inside:
  • shredded colored paper
  • ruler
  • chalk
  • pencil sharpener
  • crayons
  • pencil
  • a pair of scissors
  • magnifying glass
  • a small book
  • a hole puncher
  • a paint brush
  • a pom pom
  • a rubber
  • water paint
  • magnetic letters (S-A-R-A-H)
  • a letter block
  • glue
  • a pen





 Don't go away for a long time, we'll be back soon with more fun activities.
Thank you for sharing out journey.
Love, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Best Blogger TipsBlogger Flower Effect