}

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Summer School!

Hey my friends,
Guess what?  We are back and we will return to being frequent bloggers again. I have finished my exams and Summer School started 3 weeks ago in my school and you know what? I am RESPONSIBLE for it!!! Yaaaaay! I am organizing it with some handsome enthusiastic high school gentlemen (yes, they are students). How can I describe them? How can I? Well, they are smart, brilliant, full of ideas, determined and crazy enough to deal with me :D
We run our summer school 3 days a week for 4 weeks only. We had a lot of classes. They included: free choice class (art/music/science/math), business, acting, leadership, debating, movie reviews, negotiations, creativity, translation, idioms, play, English sessions and a lot more. So far, we held 3 events; the first was a talent show, the second was a dish party and the third was a science event. We have one more week to go but we had a lot of fun. Students are asking for more weeks but we really can't. We need break and our country is on the edge of a turning point on the 30th of this month BUT we are really going to miss our students and above all, I am going to miss my senior students. They really gave me hope in a better future, they believed in our team and worked hard to make it succeed. We have eaten together, spent countless hours together, stayed up late on the internet till 2 and 3 a.m. preparing for the following day just to make sure everything is well-prepared. They never left school before making sure that every student is picked up by his parent and our students were the best. They accepted our mistakes and even those who had to travel and leave, left with tears. I really can't say enough no matter how much I spoke. Here is a glimpse of some of our days: 
 
Kindergarten                                           Math

fingerpainting




weird traditions around the world class

pretending to be a tree (plant) for the science class

Debating

Movie review                                             Art

mask (crafts)


Lego

straw painting

Negotiation class


business class

shaving foam letter tracing




brain teasers                                      chess









preparing for the following day

science lab





internet surfing class

pretending session



memory game




My wonderful team

idioms class




These memories bring back the lyrics of this song to my mind:
Once upon a time there was a tavernWhere we used to raise a glass or twoRemember how we laughed away the hoursAnd think of all the great things we would do
Those were the days my friendWe thought they'd never endWe'd sing and dance forever and a dayWe'd live the life we chooseWe'd fight and never loseFor we were young and sure to have our way.La la la la...Those were the days, oh yes those were the days
Then the busy years went rushing by usWe lost our starry notions on the wayIf by chance I'd see you in the tavernWe'd smile at one another and we'd say
Those were the days my friendWe thought they'd never endWe'd sing and dance forever and a dayWe'd live the life we chooseWe'd fight and never loseFor we were young and sure to have our way.La la la la...Those were the days, oh yes those were the days[ From: http://www.metrolyrics.com/those-were-the-days-lyrics-mary-hopkins.html ]
Just tonight I stood before the tavernNothing seemed the way it used to beIn the glass I saw a strange reflectionWas that lonely woman really me
Those were the days my friendWe thought they'd never endWe'd sing and dance forever and a dayWe'd live the life we chooseWe'd fight and never loseFor we were young and sure to have our way.La la la la...Those were the days, oh yes those were the days
Through the door there came familiar laughterI saw your face and heard you call my nameOh my friend we're older but no wiserFor in our hearts the dreams are still the same
Those were the days my friendWe thought they'd never endWe'd sing and dance forever and a dayWe'd live the life we chooseWe'd fight and never loseFor we were young and sure to have our way.La la la la...Those were the days, oh yes those were the days
Talk to you soon my friends,
Love,

2 comments:

  1. it is the best to describe that summer school and those active , creative and responsible senior students . i enjoyed the summer school and enjoyed more every moment with u and with those gentlemen whom i love and appreciate very much . i even can't imagine how i would feel when the summer school finish . i am trying to prepare myself to that difficult moment but i discovered that i become attached to them every day ! love u shery . u gave me a valuable chance and i spent with u days i will never forget. yours, hoda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like some great ideas and experiences!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Best Blogger TipsBlogger Flower Effect